When I started transitioning I always dreaded ‘wash days’… They were always long and boring or maybe I was too impatient buh by the time I got rid of the relaxed ends and knew my hair a little more, I figured ways to cut corners and products that worked perfectly well.
I’m an Eden Body Works fan and trust me I’ve tried a lot of natural hair product brands and they never worked as good as Eden until today…. I had heard a lot about the Mane Choice (btw it’s for all hair types)and decided to try it. Its a bit on the expensive side (trust me, the shipping cost made me mad & sadly I couldn’t wait 1 more week cos I needed to put my hair in a protective style, I just found out they’re shipping for free this Valentines period*wailing*) but thanks to him, I got it & ’twas definitely worth it!
My Wash Day Routine:
- The Mane Choice Green Tea & Carrot Deep Conditioning Mask(contains Grapefruit oil, lavender oil, avocado oil, castor oil, biotin, aloe juice, green tea extract, honey extract, carrot seed oil & much more)
- The Mane Choice Detangling Hydration Shampoo( contains those already stated above plus Water, Lavender, citrus extract, biotin, vitamin E, Avocado oil & more)
- The Mane Choice Detangling Hydration Conditioner(also contains all already stated above plus Mango fruit Extract, Biotin, Rosemary leaf oil, Lavender extract, Silk amino acids & more)
- The Mane Choice 3in1 Revitalize & Refresh Conditioner (As a Leave in)(contains also what has been stated above plus Sage Leaf extract, Marshmallow Root extract, Honeysuckle flower extract & more)
- The Mane Choice Doesn’t Get Much Butter Than This (Mango butter, Avocado butter, carrot butter, Broccoli butter, Grapefruit & Orange oil)
- Extra Virgin Olive oil (as a sealant)
- Mielle Organics Mint Almond Oil (for the scalp)
So I detangled with Water & my fingers in sections and then applied the conditioning mask from root to tip of my hair, it smelt so much like Tropic Isle Living’s Protein conditioner, then after twisting the sections i covered with a shower cap and tied a scarf. Did a few chores & rinsed it out with water after 2hrs.
I couldn’t believe how soft my hair felt!! I was in love!! I almost did not want to use the Shampoo & conditioner buh Oh well…
Afterwards I started with the Shampoo and it smelt heavenly, I was tempted to stick out my tongue to taste it a bit *chuckles* and after washing my scalp 2x I rinsed and applied the Conditioner…yes it was easy to detangle my hair in the shower with my fingers and I left the conditioner on for a few mins(about 3-5mins) and then rinsed with water.
One of the highlights of my wash day is when I get to whip my hair back n forth to remove excess water before air drying. Boy! was I delighted.
I proceeded with the Leave in conditioner from root to tip then applied the hair butter and olive oil to seal… did the same to every section and twisted. Then I applied the Mint oil after the hair had dried a bit on my scalp.
The Mane Choice products(everything) actually did cut my wash day into half!! Super amazing, can I be an ambassador, please?… I think you should try them…as a Valentines present to yourself or a birthday present or something, ask the bae to help out if he doesn’t want you spending so much time in the bathroom*laughs & rolls on the floor*…
I’m here waiting on the hair oil I ordered.. can’t wait to try it & do more reordering now there’s free shipping! You can order them from their page & I think they have a location in Lagos for those in Nigeria or other parts of Africa but we’ll be working on making some of these products available in our store very soon so you can walk in or place orders by email, and also working to make a video or pictures available for those who hate to read like me.
Have you tried the Mane Choice? what do you think?
Thanks for stopping by to read… Happy Valentines’ Day!!
6 thoughts on “How I Cut My WashDay Routine In Half;The Night Before Valentines”